What We're Looking For
YUR is bringing to market an exciting VR fitness experience. The Game Engine Engineer, VR/AR in this role will take full advantage of Quest’s hardware to build the next generation of immersive virtual fitness creational experiences for the metaverse. You will own pieces of the product stack on the Worldspace team to advance UE4 production code, coding standards (like architectural planning for multiplayer), selecting frameworks, tools, and documentation. The goal for this Worldspace team is to grow a thriving content ecosystem for users and a new market for brands and artists.
- Assist in development of YUR World in UE4
- Work directly with Oculus API implementation, Blueprint and C++ code
Must haves include:
- An understanding of fundamental Blueprint workflow principles
- Interactive elements such as multi-floor elevators and doors
- Animations such as spline path animated characters
- The Variant Manager system along with UI elements
- Metadata for informational UI elements
- Blueprints for custom UI menu screens
- Creating systems for polish & taking feedback from external QA
- Report directly to our head of technology
- Resolve support requests on a day-to-day basis
- Balance speed and quality, with a focus on tangible results
- 4+ years experience as an Unreal Engine game developer
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Deep understanding of VR/AR technology
- Proven record of shipping features on time and on budget
- Flexible and focussed on solutions
- Organized and self-sufficient
- Health insurance
- Generous PTO / sick leave
YUR is making fitness a game.
Founded in January 2019, we believe we can leverage the latest in computer science and the expertise of invaluable thinkers and doers to make the fitness technology we built widely accessible and usable by all in the gaming space. Our motivating mission is to help gamers get active, and quantify how active those who already are, and improve the health of these individuals. Learn more at yur.energy to see our Discord community and products, serving greater than 180K gamers in the VR market.
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at [email protected].
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.