We harness the power of virtual worlds and the metaverse to connect people. We build deep, rich virtual worlds that are social by design and last for decades. Our first world, Highrise, is a creative 2D isometric world where people make avatars, express themselves, and create deep friendships along the way. Over 10 million people have already joined the world of Highrise, and it's growing faster every day.
We're a completely remote company with a diverse set of employees spanning 16 different countries. We are connected by a singular mission of building amazing games that bring our players together, and we live by our values, which you can read here.
Join our world class team who've shipped amazing products for Apple, Google, Electronic Arts, Zeptolab, Nanobit, and other top companies.
About the Role
We are growing our Highrise team and looking for a dedicated Trust and Safety Lead who would focus on creating safe spaces for all HR players. As a social-first gaming company, we pride ourselves on building vibrant and authentic communities, which we also want to keep Highrise safe and welcoming to all players.
As Trust and Safety Team Leader you will…
- Manage and develop our Trust & Safety team
- Put together a long-term vision, roadmap, and standard operating procedures to prevent and deal with bad actors on Highrise
- Work across teams and alongside our community to develop tools to tackle bad behaviors (including bullying, harassment, hate speech, or minor safety) as they arise
- Coordinate Trust & Safety activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance with laws, regulations, and company policies
- Develop and maintain KPIs to monitor the impact our safety features have on reducing bad actors.
- Lead strategic initiatives that result in a safe, friendly community for all of our players
- Develop policies and processes to ensure we continuously improve as we grow
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to …
- Have 3+ years of experience in Trust and Safety or related areas (like high-volume customer care support or content moderation) with working knowledge of trust and safety
- Have experience leading a team, ideally fully remotely
- Have experience in drafting and implementing online community guidelines and other Trust & Safety related policies
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be a critical thinker with emotional intelligence, creative problem-solving skills, and strong attention to detail
- Be scrappy, be comfortable with our fast-paced environments
- Bonus points if you already have had a good working knowledge of relevant legal regulations, including privacy regulations, e.g., GDPR
Within 3 months, you'll…
- Gain an understanding of bad actors and abuse trends on Highrise
- Create a long term vision, road-map, and standard operating procedures to prevent and deal with bad actors on Highrise
- Refine and develop community guidelines
Within 6 months, you'll…
- Be responsible for developing tools and trust and safety procedures
- Maintain, track and make decisions based on relevant metrics
- Hiring new team members
– Home office stipend. Haven't worked remotely before? We offer a generous stipend to help you set up a productive workspace.
– Competitive salaries and significant equity.
– Unlimited Vacation policy. Time off is important – we encourage you to take the time you need.
– Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self improvement. We've set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.