Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re looking for someone to help the social team execute best-in-class social strategy across our Institutional, product, and culture handles. This person will work across our content, marketing, and communications departments to grow Coinbase’s social channels. This person will be responsible for creating and distributing informative, high-value social content to followers across various social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. They will have a passion for creative storytelling and creating content that influences, educates, and engages audiences .
As a social media manager at Coinbase, you will have the opportunity to join the ground floor of a company that is revolutionizing finance and technology. You will set and execute our social media strategy, be a part of growing and engaging with key audiences, and a fundamental piece of our external communications program.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Collaborate across departments to create a holistic, on-brand social program that engages audiences across core audience segments including: institutions (hedge funds, endowments, pension funds, family offices and corporations) and builders in the the crypto ecosystem
- Articulate and communicate Coinbase brand voice across company’s social media channels
- Partner closely with Coinbase’s Communications and Marketing team to align on content calendar as well as partner closely with Coinbase’s legal team to best navigate compliance and regulatory frameworks
- Develop creative social campaigns to educate and increase engagement with our customers, including working with influencers
- Manage social channels around important company product announcements and issues
- Partner with Customer Experience team to create processes around customer service inquiries via social media
- Create social media policy that is maintained and communicated throughout the company
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Fluency with core social media platforms with an understanding of the latest social media trends and strategies
- Ability to use analytics tools that track success of campaigns and efforts and make recommendations based on quantitative analysis
- Eagerness to engage and build communities
- Stellar writing and storytelling skills: prose that’s clear and concise
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, with the ability to spot trends on the fly and leverage insights to draw sound recommendations
- Ability to educate internal stakeholders around the strategy, results and processes in place
- Strong planning, project execution, and analytical competencies
- Open and eager to experiment with new tactics and platforms
- A demonstrated ability to understand complex subject matter, along with the skills needed to simplify and explain these topics for a broad audience
- Strong organizational skills and can effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of the tech, and/or financial ecosystems; knowledge of crypto is a bonus
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with keen ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Strategic mindset: You should bring creative solutions to every problem and never see a challenge as insurmountable
- An interest in crypto and the economic freedom it can offer. Our mission is to create an open financial system for the world – and we want you to help!
Nice to haves:
- 3-5 years relevant work in-house experience
- An understanding of the regulatory, security, and technical landscapes influencing the state of cryptocurrency today (and tomorrow).
- Experience in a regulated environment as well as financial tech, crypto or traditional financial services.