We harness the power of virtual worlds and the metaverse to connect people. We build deep, rich virtual worlds that are social by design and last for decades. Our first world, Highrise, is a creative 2D isometric world where people make avatars, express themselves, and create deep friendships along the way. Over 10 million people have already joined the world of Highrise, and it's growing faster every day.
We're a completely remote company with a diverse set of employees spanning 16 different countries. We are connected by a singular mission of building amazing games that bring our players together, and we live by our values, which you can read here.
Join our world class team who've shipped amazing products for Apple, Google, Electronic Arts, Zeptolab, Nanobit, and other top companies.
About the Role
Are you passionate about building amazing games? Do you want to build a virtual world and a metaverse that is loved by millions of people? Join our fast growing team at Pocket Worlds!
We are looking for a Senior Unity developer with experience shipping polished production games. The perfect candidate will be well versed in Unity and game development in general. The primary responsibility for this role is to build the world of Highrise for Web and desktop platforms. You will be taking the Highrise codebase in Cocos2d-X (iOS and Android) and rebuilding the core systems in Unity to open up the additional platforms.
Bonus points if you are comfortable around a C++ codebase or have experience with Cocos2D-X.
Extra bonus points if you're involved in the open source community or have built a massively successful game in the past!
This role, along with our entire company, is remote.
As Senior Unity Developer you will:
- Work on building Highrise web, desktop, and other platforms using Unity
- Make improvements to our market leading avatar system
- Build new features for Highrise in Unity
- Work alongside our iOS, Android, and backend developers
- Contribute to ideas and design for new features
- Work in a remote team (be any where in the world)
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to…
- Have minimum of 5 years of Unity dev experience
- Have experience publishing high quality games
- Be able to work well in a remote development environment
- Be able to communicate in English at a native speaking and writing level
- Be responsible to your fellow remote team members
- Be highly communicative and go out of your way to contribute to the team and help others
Within 3 months you'll…
- Be familiar with the Highrise codebase in Cocos2d-X and existing features
- Design a strategy and architecture for Highrise in Unity
- Build the foundational features for moving Highrise to Web (environment and avatars)
Within 6 months you'll…
- Have shipped a basic version of Highrise on Web to millions of users
- Architect new features on your own
- Contribute core features and changes to our app with millions of users
– Home office stipend. Haven't worked remotely before? We offer a generous stipend to help you set up a productive workspace.
– Competitive salaries and significant equity.
– Unlimited Vacation policy. Time off is important – we encourage you to take the time you need.
– Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self improvement. We've set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.