Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
The Game Network Team pulls the players together by ensuring the rapid communication of the game state to all. You will help the players experience the game as a nearly synchronous world. Just as the nerves in our bodies coordinate our actions, the network system coordinates all the computers involved into a smooth experience for the players. You will work in all areas of the game platform in your quest for real-time communication of every part of Roblox.
- Amazing at systems-level C++ programming (6+ years of experience): Fascinated by the actual work the CPU does when you use smart pointers, templates, virtual functions, and blocks of memory, both structured and raw.
- Knowledgeable about network protocols: You understand the messages exchanged during communication over these protocols
- Keen to understand each millisecond of the network exchanges: You know where the time goes and how to reduce the waste
- Multi-platform: You understand, across all platforms, what happens on the hardware-level when certain code is executed.
- Ready for a challenge: You are eager to tackle the hardest multiplayer networking problems in the world.
- You will develop network communication code that creates a smooth and real-time experience for Roblox players worldwide.
- You will improve the balance of the play experience across devices of widely different capabilities
- You will work on all the devices Roblox supports – from desktop clients to mobile phone clients to console clients
- You will work on real-time game networking, such as networked shooters, and RTS or MMO games.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar