WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
You’ve made games and sample games as a core of your career. You can script, create assets, pull together all the elements to stand up the prototype to communicate the vision. You’ve done this to help set the direction with both tools and games. In this role you’ll help to design and inform the development of tools for the Metaverse. From in-game Creators to AAA developers you’ll ensure that users have an opportunity to contribute with whatever tool and capability they have. You’ll gather feedback and be open to testing your assumptions on the product design working with engineering, design, art, and community in developing a new generation of game development tools.
In This Role You Will
- Develop a deep understanding of how the in-game and editor tools will be used to create experiences
- Partner with the engineering team to design, implement and validate tools and solutions to create experiences both in-game and editor.
- Use the tools to make experiences
- Design and implement the tools
- Work with product management, publishing, developer relations, and the community to gather and consider new features to develop.
- Work with the community and developer relations teams along with the community to directly hear how the tools are being used and what we can do to improve them.
- Work with the publishing and partnerships teams to understand and support their efforts.
What We're Looking For
- 10 years of experience in games or game development tools with a focus on implementing interactive experiences.
- Experience with developing game editor tools and/or in-game creation tools, such as Unreal Editor, Unity, or internal game development tools.
- Ability to assess systems and features from an end-user perspective.
Nice To Have Skills
- Experience with software as a service (SAAS).
- Experience with multiple scripting languages, visual and text based.
- Experience working with a variety of disciplines.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to drive consensus with clever, thoughtful people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge – and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical – we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.