Facebook is hiring an International Policy Manager for EMEA to join the Facebook Reality Labs Policy team. The FRL Policy team’s mission is to guide development of AR/VR technologies across Facebook as we build the future of the next generation computing platform. This role will work closely with regional policy teams and cross-functional partners to align on public policy strategy for the next generation of products and research being developed across Facebook Reality Labs for EMEA. The Manager will coordinate regional product rollouts, build high impact partnerships, advance relationships with regional stakeholders, and facilitate legislative and regulatory advocacy.The ideal candidate is a constant learner, skilled at prioritizing, well-organized, good at navigating ambiguity, expert in juggling multiple tasks/timelines at once, prepared to be a public spokesperson, and excited by new technologies. This candidate will be deeply familiar with regional policy issues and have a meaningful understanding of stakeholders and perspectives across countries. This person is a great writer, communicator, and organizer who excels at working collaboratively with executives, engineering/product teams, and policy colleagues alike and consistently delivers high-quality work under pressure. Experience supporting multiple teams or projects in a fast-paced environment in government or the private sector is essential.
Policy Manager, Facebook Reality Labs, (EMEA) Responsibilities
- Be the policy voice of Facebook Reality Labs in EMEA and lead regional conversations on new products/research
- Develop and execute proactive strategy to address key regional public policy issues affecting AR/VR and the metaverse
- Lead initiatives to deepen relationships with regional governments, civil society, and academia and improve our approach to building FRL products
- Evaluate and provide guidance on the public policy implications of FRL products and services in EMEA
- Review legislation and develop proactive regulatory and legislative solutions
- Respond promptly to a wide range of requests from Policy, Product, Legal, Communications, and Business teams across the company.
- JD degree, Master's degree, or equivalent practical tech policy experience
- Familiarity with emerging technology and consumer electronic policy issues
- Experience developing/coordinating policy strategy
- Experience prioritizing multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Project management experience