Our Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) organization brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and platform. We plan to release multiple products over the next few years. In particular, we are building technologies or seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of bringing the world closer together.We're seeking a Metaverse Insights Lead for the Product Marketing Insights arm of Facebook Reality Lab’s Marketing Insights team. We are seeking a leader who demonstrates remarkable ability to harness and translate strategic insights into actionable product marketing plans and strategies for one of Facebook’s most ambitious goals to date: bringing world-changing experiences to life for the Metaverse. This role will help inform marketing communications, product and market strategy, target audiences, feature prioritization, monetization assessments, and ultimately create more value for consumers and Facebook Inc. You will be a methodological thought leader on product/experience innovation and a visionary who understands how to execute inspirational yet useful research that serves the unknown. You will work directly with cross-functional partner teams: Product Marketing, Product Management, BizOps, Marcom, Analytics, Foresight Research, and Creative Shop. This person will be the consumer evangelist for the Metaverse.The ideal candidate will have exceptional research skills, proven hands-on experience as practitioner and leader, a hunger to drive significant business impact/outcomes, and an interest to remain deeply engaged in the execution of work. The ability to create strong cross-functional partnerships with marketing and analytics teams is critical, and a passion for technology and Facebook is a must. Balancing being both a visionary leader and everyday executor is essential. Once offices are reopened travel (after January 2022) may be required up to 20% of the time.
Metaverse Product Marketing Insights Lead, FRL Responsibilities
- Own all things related to Metaverse Product Marketing Insights globally for Facebook Reality Labs. Partner with marketing, UX research, and product organizations to understand consumer needs and product use cases, define product positioning, develop target audiences, improve product market fit, and unearth future-forward market opportunities to achieve business objectives.
- Provide thought leadership to a diverse set of stakeholders spanning numerous FRL functions such as Product, PMM, Marcom, Brand, and BizOps. Translate data insights into actions and recommendations. Influence decision-making and product planning through highly effective communication with all levels of stakeholders, including leadership.
- Design and execute comprehensive, best-in-class quantitative and qualitative research solutions, at both the product and portfolio/brand level. Leadership in technique and methodology is essential – particularly researching emerging technology and highly ambiguous topics.
- Partner with Decision Science to develop hypotheses and comprehensive test and measurement plans, to design and execute experiments to achieve marketing objectives and drive marketing effectiveness.
- Develop and ensure cross-functional alignment on research roadmaps and learning plans.
- Ensure the customer and marketing insights are represented in marketing leadership planning discussions.
- Curate, connect and synthesize information and insights from multiple sources.
- 12+ years of experience in marketing/market research or product research with exposure in emerging technology.
- 5+ years of team management experience.
- Methodological expertise in a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods. Experience knowing how/when to utilize a shop-along versus mobile diary, a segmentation versus basic profiling, a structural equation model versus linear regression.
- Experience in drawing and tying insights from multiple sources like primary research, secondary research, data science.
- Experience leading insights-driven product launches from foundational exploration to GTM execution, driving impact and influencing product and marketing decision-making.
- Experience engaging with engineering and product stakeholders as well as brand/marketing stakeholders.
- Experience navigating ambiguity and driving insights-based recommendations to align various stakeholders.
- Experience solving blank slate/undefined problems and well-defined problems with a suitable methodology.
- Experience challenging assumptions to seek clarity, and expects equal feedback.
- Experience quickly scaling and prioritizing activities, drives change and collaborates with a variety of partners in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Communication and presentation skills with a proven track record of using insights to influence executives and colleagues.
- Experience managing research studies and programs across multiple global markets.
- Experience in a startup environment or highly ambiguous, fast-moving environment.