At Unity, we are re-inventing the way massive multiplayer online (MMO) games and immersive experiences are developed, launched, and operated. In Multiplayer Suite, we focus on building highly scalable, distributed, realtime services that enable creators to confidently craft, launch, and operate new and engaging online experiences. We proudly provide online solutions for matchmaking, lobby, relay, voice, and hybrid multi-cloud game server hosting for some of the world’s biggest games. At our core, we are passionate about bringing people together, and enabling game creators to build living experiences for their players.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who shares our passion for games and solving large-scale problems for our users. Your role will include the hiring and management of an engineering team, the execution and delivery of high-quality services that are scalable and resilient to failure as well as leading by example with empathy and respect.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage a team of experienced developers and be responsible for people management as well as encouraging talent and growth
- Unblock obstacles, collaborate with partners and empower developers on doing their best work
- Ensure that all perspectives are heard, and build a diverse and inclusive environment to allow the best ideas to win and for the team to innovate, learn and succeed
- Help select the best technology and technical design needed to deliver on vision to empower creators to build new and unique live experiences and expand their audience to wide, healthy communities
- Drive day-to-day execution and delivery of tasks and leading the project team with Lean and Agile methodologies, motivating your team by explaining how their work relates to the wider business objectives
What we’re looking for
- Experience as an Engineering Manager, coordinating small to medium sized teams working towards a common goal
- Empathy for the unique challenges developers face building and maintaining online experiences
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop team members, lead by example and build trust and solid relationships
- Proven track record of leading a project from initiation to completion
- Strong collaboration, facilitation and communication skills with a desire to work with, listen to and understand people (English is our primary language)
You might also have
- Prior software development experience using Golang, as it is our primary language
- Experience in building performant, large scale distributed systems
- Experience with Nomad, Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.