- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience with data structures or algorithms.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 1 year of experience with front-end frameworks, full-stack development, and/or API development.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experience in telephony, video streaming, real-time sensors, imaging/vision/perception, human computer interaction, augmented/virtual reality, robotics, and/or machine learning.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Android Apps, Mobile App Development, Mobile Development, Graphical User Interface, UI Framework or API Design, Google Mobile Apps, Google Mobile Services, Embedded Development.
- Experience in Java, Kotlin, Dart, or C++ or other languages/frameworks used in mobile app development (Flutter, Jetpack).
About the job
Google's software developers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for software developers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software developer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our software developers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
As a Software Developer in Augmented Reality (AR) Experience Fundamentals, you will build user-facing AR experiences for phones and next-generation devices. You will work closely with other engineers and in cross-functional teams including UX, product management (PM), program management (PgM). You will design, prototype, build, and launch new user experiences that enable users to interact with the world in new ways, including: system UI (e.g., Home, Launcher, Status, and Settings), messages and notifications, and voice and video communication.
You will also build up a library of common UI components to increase the consistency and usability of AR experiences, including support for innovative interaction designs.
The Google Augmented Reality team is a diverse group of experts tasked with building the foundations for great immersive computing and building helpful, delightful user experiences. We're focused on making immersive computing accessible to billions of people through mobile devices, and our scope continues to grow and evolve.
- Design, build, and launch user-facing experiences and common UI components to run on phones and next-generation devices.
- Collaborate with AR Perception teams developing algorithms to integrate perception into experiences, with the AR Platform team to optimize the experiences, and with teams across the company to leverage and integrate the best of Google technology and services in AR experiences.
- Work closely with UX and PM to define, prototype, and test experiences with real users to discover what experiences users value the most and how to enhance the experiences to provide more value to users.
- Plan and prioritize feature development with engineers, PgM, PM, and UX.