AltspaceVR is the leading platform for live mixed reality experiences, offering cross-device live immersive virtual experiences using Microsoft’s Mixed Reality technologies (HoloLens, Holocapture, Azure Kinect) to emulate presence and connection, while building and fostering community. Our mission, to enable creators to easily produce, host and eventually monetize events successfully. Our goal, to enable the next level of social interaction and engagement between artists and audiences to keep people wanting to come back for more.
Bringing people together from all over the world, the AltspaceVR platform has been the venue for countless live events, including virtual concerts, festivals, comedy shows, tech talks, LGBTQ meetups, meditation groups, dance parties, conferences and more. All our events are hosted by our community of creators, as well as celebrities and brands, including Burning Man, Diplo, Reggie Watts, NBC, Pitbull, Accenture, Rapsody, Baobab Studios, Mix Master Mike, and Bill Nye. Sitting at the intersection of experience, content and community, the AltspaceVR team is forging the future of virtual events.
You are drawn to working on the latest and most innovative products in the world. You seek projects that will transform how people interact with technology. You have a drive to grow your skillset by finding unique challenges that have yet to be solved. This is an opportunity to be an innovator!
- Develop and extend multiple core gameplay systems such as UI, in0world objects, VR and 3D controls, rendering, and user generated content management.
- Create and extend interfaces that allow internal and external customers to take full advantage of in game systems.
- Build scalable features that will be experienced simultaneously by tens of thousands of users at large virtual events.
- Work directly with designers, artists, engineers, and event producers to bring virtual events to life.
- 5+ years’ experience in game engineering (UI, rendering, gameplay, multiplayer)
- 3+ years’ experience with Unity 3D and C#
- Shipped at least 1 Unity3D game on Android, iOS, Console, or AR/VR
- Proven programming experience and debugging ability
- Strong cross-discipline collaboration and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Rendering and performance optimizations
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.