At Syndica, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, and you’ll experience firsthand the infectious enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in crypto.
This role will have the primary accountability of designing, implementing, and operating Syndica’s blockchain infrastructure platform. Golang knowledge is a necessity! The team operates with a “run what you write” philosophy and each engineer is responsible for deploying and operating the code they write.
A successful candidate must have demonstrable experience in at least one programming language (preferably Go, Rust or C++), and previous work in SaaS application development and operations. You will be working closely with the Support and Development team on the architecture and configuration of our AWS and GCP hosted infrastructure. You will be responsible to ensure the environment is built, deployed, configured, managed, and monitored correctly to support the business. You will drive decisions on the right-sizing of servers and storage, troubleshooting performance issues, ensuring the highest level of reliability for the platform, and tuning the environment for maximum scalability, cost efficiency, and security. The ideal candidate will also have prior experience developing applications on either of the three major cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, or GCP via Kubernetes.
- Design, creation, and provisioning of infrastructure
- Write beautiful maintainable Go and/or Rust code - idiomatic Go!
- Create modular and extensible micro-services to support the platform
- Administer overall site availability, security, latency and system health
- Build a reliable fault-tolerant service
- Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, to operating environment, network, and application
- Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity, and establish the appropriate scalability plans
- Troubleshoot and solve customer platform issues
- Ensure that SLAs are met in executing operational tasks
- Collaborate with other engineers to implement operational solutions while defining and adhering to industry best practices
- 3+ years related professional experience using Go/Rust
- 2 to 5 years as a cloud administrator supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems
- Strong experience with Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tools
- Experience with Prometheus/Grafana for metrics aggregation/visualization is plus
- Configuration of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Experience with automation tools/platforms
- Experience with alerting and monitoring tools is plus
- Experience working in a highly distributed company is a plus
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Central Time Zone - UTC -6
- Working knowledge of information security issues
- Experience in Building and managing Virtualized systems (KVM, OVM, Containers/Docker) and ability to read and understand source code
- Systematic problem-solving approach, combined with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Firm grasp of at least one modern programming language, beyond advanced scripting (Shell or Python)
- Working knowledge of web and network protocols and standards (HTTP, TLS, DNS, etc)
- Experience writing automation tools & eagerness to "automate all the things"
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
What does success in this role look like?
- In three months, you have become our Go/Rust lead developer with respect to overall site availability, security, latency, system health. You’ll have taken on independent code review responsibilities and are collaborating on the design of new features
- In six months, you have earned the trust of the team and are delivering tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through development with minimal guidance, and are helping to effectively mentor new engineers joining the team
- In twelve months, you have established a cadence of predictable, on-time delivery without cutting corners