At Top.gg, we are here to make the metaverse accessible. Join us to build the #1 platform for communities and creators to be discovered, empower them, and accelerate their growth. We are the largest search and discovery platform for Discord! Hundreds of thousands use our platform to find communities and integrations every day.
Top.gg’s team is growing quickly and we have an exciting, ambitious roadmap ahead of us. As our first full time community operations hire, you will have the opportunity to wear many hats as we grow and scale our company.
Your responsibilities will vary greatly from day to day in many areas of community, operations, and support! You’ll work closely with the CEO, CTO and cross-functional teams to help us grow and scale the Top.gg community and keep it running smoothly.
Collaboration, communication, empathy, and prioritization will be key to succeed in this role. If you’re a highly self-driven, organized, and collaborative team player that has a get-stuff-done attitude and can juggle many projects at once, come join us!
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed over perfection. We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectation that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (8:00 am through 11:00 am PST). The exact times and days vary per team. We offer competitive compensation (salary + equity) that is location and level based. Check out our stack here.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead our community operations and strategy as Top.gg expands to new areas in the metaverse.
- Manage our Discord server volunteer staff and be the central point for communications with the Top.gg community. Work on projects to keep our volunteer staff and community highly engaged, motivated and focused while having fun at the same time. Help us build an incredible community culture at Top.gg inline with our company values listed below.
- Lead strategy for our community engagement; plan and lead events for our growing community, manage content creation and expand our existing social media accounts across Twitter (@JoinTop.gg and @TopggSupport) and expand our social media and public communication strategy to new channels.
- Triage our support requests through our existing tools and manage our support email. Collaborate with product, engineering, and design to prioritize issues affecting our users and community through support, community, and social media channels. Identify operational challenges for our community and support operations and help us improve and innovate processes.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3-5 years of relevant community, operations and/or support experience.
- Experience managing Discord servers with thousands of members, working with developer communities and understanding gaming culture and communities.
- Experience working in a support function and directly communicating with and solving problems for users and customers.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment. A positive attitude, excellent collaboration, and ability to work and have fun under pressure. Experience working with remote teams and willingness to work across time zones
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize and focus on the most important tasks at hand. Excellent organization and project management skills and experience in communicating with a wide range of internal job functions and external stakeholders. Excitement to tackle new and ambiguous community, operations, and support projects and wear many hats as the company grows. High levels of integrity and discretion and impeccable attention to detail.
- Familiarity with different tools such as Zendesk/Freshdesk, Nolt.io, G Suite, Zoom, and Notion.
- Passion for online communities, gaming, creators and Top.gg and strong knowledge of Discord bots and servers. Interest and excitement to learn more about web3 and Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs).
- Bonus: Developed your own Discord bot
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening
• Up to four interviews with different team members
• Reference checks
• Offer 🎉
• Fully remote work environment
• Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
• Home office budget
• Team gatherings once we can travel again
• Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
• Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
• Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
• 401K (US employees only)
• All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!
Top.gg Core Values
Always be on top of your game.
No matter the size of the task, we commit to excellence. We care about the quality of our work, the people with whom we work, and the people who benefit from our work.
Our users come first.
Top.gg succeeds by putting online communities and creators first. We have a deep sense of responsibility towards our users. Each part of the ecosystem matters — we always ask ourselves "Is this good for communities as a whole?" and "Is this good for our top.gg community?". We proactively engage with our community and acknowledge downsides and trade-offs while seeking creative solutions.
Be ahead of the curve.
We push beyond the boundaries to shape the future of online communities together — from everything we build to how we work with one another. We challenge ourselves by taking intelligent risks and bold bets. We innovate by thinking globally one step at a time. We learn as fast as we build and approach challenges with passion and a growth mindset.
Diversity, equity and inclusion matter.
We believe people with a diverse* set of backgrounds, mindsets, and experiences working together create better outcomes. New ideas come from diverse ways of seeing things. We commit to engage in an equitable process to ensure that people with marginalized identities have the opportunity to grow, contribute, and develop — regardless of their identity. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone is valued and welcome.
Innovate as a team.
We believe in honest and constructive communication and treating each other with respect. We openly share ideas and feedback without hesitation. When we disagree with a decision, we respectfully challenge the idea or approach, not the person. We work together to find solutions grounded in empathy.
We focus on impact and deliver results as a team. We favor progress, learning and speed over perfection and have fun together along the way. We celebrate failures and mistakes as learning opportunities.