We harness the power of virtual worlds and the metaverse to connect people. We build deep, rich virtual worlds that are social by design and last for decades. Our first world, Highrise, is a creative 2D isometric world where people make avatars, express themselves, and create deep friendships along the way. Over 10 million people have already joined the world of Highrise, and it's growing faster every day.
We're a completely remote company with a diverse set of employees spanning 16 different countries. We are connected by a singular mission of building amazing games that bring our players together, and we live by our values, which you can read here.
Join our world class team who've shipped amazing products for Apple, Google, Electronic Arts, Zeptolab, Nanobit, and other top companies.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Android Developer with experience shipping polished production apps. The perfect candidate will be well versed in Kotlin and Android development, and be comfortable jumping straight into a production app.
You get bonus points if you’ve worked with Clean Architecture, MVI, JNI, or Coroutines.
Extra bonus points if you're involved in the open source community.
This role, along with our entire company, is remote. Fluency in English in both written and verbal form is a requirement.
The compensation for this role will be $70-$100k USD with meaningful equity depending on qualifications.
This role will give you the opportunity to...
- Own the Android stack of Highrise - used by 5 million users and growing
- Be one of three Android engineers on our small and fast moving team
- Work alongside our C++, iOS and back-end developers
- Design and architect new features in Kotlin
- Contribute to ideas and design for new features
- Work in a remote team (be anywhere in the world)
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to...
- Have minimum 3 years experience developing on Android
- Be up to date with latest Android features
- Be able to advocate for Android and defend it as your preferred platform
- Know the ins and outs of Android to fully exploit its capabilities
- Be able to work well in a remote development environment
- Be able to communicate in english at a native speaking and writing level
- Be responsible to your fellow remote team members
- Be highly communicative and go out of your way to contribute to the team and help others
Within 1 months you'll...
- Be able to contribute new features as well as maintain existing code
- Contribute core features and changes to our app with millions of users
- Design brand new features with the help of other team members
Within 6 months you'll...
- Contribute to architectural decisions across Android, iOS, C++ core and backend
- Contribute to product design brainstorms and decisions
- Contribute to improving our engineering processes and workflows
- Home office stipend. Haven't worked remotely before? We offer a generous stipend to help you set up a productive workspace.
- Competitive salaries and significant equity.
- Unlimited Vacation policy. Time off is important - we encourage you to take the time you need.
- Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self improvement. We've set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.