Founded by Akash Nigam, Evan Rosenbaum and Jake Adams, Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company and driving force in the creation of digital identities that can be used across platforms. The company is setting the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars in society and culture through its internationally renowned Avatar Agency and API partnerships. With investors such as NEA (Rick Yang), Bond Capital (Mary Meeker), Bob Iger, Michael Lynton, Breyer Capital, CAA, Tull Investment Group, NetEase, Coinbase Ventures and Dapper Labs, Genies is creating a network of platforms and marketplaces where virtual identities lead the way in digital communication, connection, commercialization, monetization, and self-expression. To date, the technology has been used by the likes of Gucci, FritoLay, GIPHY, Offset, Justin Bieber, Paris Hilton, Amanda Nunes, J.Balvin and many more.
Genies is looking for a creative, curious, and innovative product designer to serve as our first Head of Product Design. Reporting to the CEO, this new leader will be responsible for developing and managing all aspects of our design and creative output, recruit and retain a world class design team, serve as our lead designer on our largest product challenges, and play a vital role in crafting a one of a kind user experience designed to give consumers back control of their digital identity and the ability to self express. You will be hands on with an emphasis on establishing our product design team, philosophy, strategy, and culture. You'll be responsible for implementing a data driven approach to draw out insights that allow you to best understand our users' needs and behaviors; all while guiding your product strategy and the experiences you create. Our ideal candidate has a passion for creating world class consumer experiences, and recognizes the future of digital identity and NFTs. Fast paced and disruptive growth environments stimulate you, and you recognize the opportunity of creating the next consumer social platform of the future. If all of this align with what you are seeking next, then come jump on the rocket ship that will help build the metaverse!
What You Should Have:
- Minimum of 7+ years of product experience that demonstrates your craftsmanship
- An ability to lead end-to-end design on products for desktop and mobile
- Exceptional user experience and design skills, and a portfolio of design work that shows the full range of your product design, user research, interaction design and visual design skills
- Strong product thinking, systems thinking and a track record for driving results by building products that provide great user experiences and business value
- Previous experience recruiting and building a world class product design team
- Proficiency with Figma, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Excellent storytelling with an ability to inspire via compelling stories
- Naturally curious and always seeking to learn more
- Experience with motion design and designing for accessibility
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions, driven by group critique
- Possess not just exceptional product design skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well
- Strong information presentation (visual and written) skills; outstanding written and verbal communications
What You'll Be Doing:
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, visual design, and user data & analytics
- Conducting and leading user research, stakeholder interviews, and framing problems and insights through stories that help your team envision opportunities
- Using a human-centered design process to develop user stories, personas, user flows, design mockups, prototypes and specs for our most complex projects
- Owning projects from beginning to end, while helping guide more junior & intermediate designers through their design process
- Contributing to and helping shape product design vision and strategy, generating buy-in, advocating for great user-centered practices, and operationalizing the strategy and processes for product design
- Recruit and manage a team of product designers
- Help to maintain visual and brand consistency between all products and outlets
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with other teams such as Engineering, Product, Art & Animation, and Senior Management
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space – there’s even a slide!