In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
AltspaceVR is the leading platform for live mixed reality experiences, offering cross-device live immersive virtual experiences using Microsoft’s Mixed Reality technologies (HoloLens, Holocapture, Azure Kinect) to emulate presence and connection, while building and fostering community. Our mission, to enable creators to easily produce, host and eventually monetize events successfully. Our goal, to enable the next level of social interaction and engagement between artists and audiences to keep people wanting to come back for more.
Bringing people together from all over the world, the AltspaceVR platform has been the venue for countless live events, including virtual concerts, festivals, comedy shows, tech talks, LGBTQ meetups, meditation groups, dance parties, conferences and more. All our events are hosted by our community of creators, as well as celebrities and brands, including Burning Man, Diplo, Reggie Watts, NBC, Pitbull, Accenture, Rapsody, Baobab Studios, Mix Master Mike, and Bill Nye. Sitting at the intersection of experience, content and community, the AltspaceVR team is forging the future of virtual events.
As the Group Program Manager & deeply skilled Leader of Product Management, you will own the vision in tandem with our leadership team to build the leading virtual events platform on the market. You’ll lead a team of program managers to drive the vision forward. You are drawn to working on the latest and most innovative products in the world. You seek projects that will transform how people interact with technology. You have a drive to grow your skillset by finding unique challenges that have yet to be solved. This is an opportunity to be an innovator!
- Be an exceptional people manager – providing coaching and career development while empowering everyone to do their best work.
- Own and drive the development of strategy & roadmap to support large scale immersive social experiences across gaming, entertainment, and enterprise scenarios.
- Closely partner with engineering and design to understand trade-offs and refine requirements that meet product goals.
- Define scenarios and relentlessly prioritize across several competing objectives to make the optimal use of time and resources.
- Gather data from multiple sources to measure the effectiveness of new features and identify areas of improvement.
- Create and socialize artifacts that clearly communicate requirements including PRDs, user flows, and prototypes.
- Formulate hypotheses and quickly validate with prototypes, user feedback, and experimentation.
- Work with customers, support, and engineering teams to handle and resolve any critical customer issues that arise.
- 10 years' minimum experience in Product Management or Program Management
- 5 years' minimum experience in People Management
- Proven track record of shipping large scale consumer and/or enterprise software products or highly available and reliable cloud services.
- 5 years' minimum experience in building, leading, and supporting high-performing and globally distributed teams.
- Experience managing people managers
- Demonstrated ability to directly manage a team of PMs to achieve results, strategic thinking and grow careers.
- Delivered a minimum of 3 projects that showcase a unique balance of technical, design, and business skills showcased by previous work.
- Delivered a minimum of two projects that show collaboration across different product teams and orgs.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data analytics, user research, and user testing.
- Knowledge and background in the following: AR/VR, game development, user generated content, online communities
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.