We live in a three dimensional world. Our perception and memories are of three dimensional beings. Yet there is no way to capture and revisit those moments like you are there. All we have to show for it are these 2D slices we call photos. It's time for that to change.
Luma's mission is to enable everyone to capture and experience the world in lifelike 3D. To bring about the next step function change in how we share memories, explore products, and spaces on the internet. To propel photos and videos into our mixed-reality 3D future.
Some of the brightest minds in computer vision and graphics have dedicated their careers to solving this problem of photorealistic 3D capture. Now, advances in neural rendering, deep learning, and compute have finally brought this dream within our reach. If thinking about this future and this monumental engineering challenge gets you excited, and wide-eyed with ideas, come make it real with us. Join our founding team with the autonomy to experiment, to grow, and to help form Luma's technical, product, and business roadmap.
You will be responsible for building world's best interactive 3D viewing experience. This is an essential piece of the puzzle in Luma's mission of bringing lifelike 3D experiences to everyone.
You will collaborate in a tight loop with the graphics team on building a realtime viewer for volumetric captures that works well on all modern devices. As a modular, fast, and customizable component, this viewer will be embedded across the web.
Your work is how we deliver Luma's vision.
As a part of the founding team, first and foremost, this role requires a mindset conducive to deep tech startups:
- Value velocity and execution.
- Communicate clearly.
- Focus on building what will matter to users and the product.
- Be resourceful at finding creative ways to overcome challenges.
- Deep expertise in developing and shipping delightful web apps.
- Strong software development skills, and proficiency in React.
- Experience building and shipping 3D experiences on the web.
- Great taste around design and usability.
- Equity grant to reflect the incredible value you will bring to Luma
- Competitive salary
- Option to work remotely in a well-thought-out remote-first environment
- Health, dental, and vision coverage