The Facebook Enterprise is driving toward employee productivity into the Metaverse. We are leading the industry with virtual reality hardware in Quest2, with plans to increase employee enablement and connectedness using the evolving technologies of XR.Within the Collaboration Technology division of the Enterprise Engineering (EE) Department, the XR Hub team is devoted to providing XR solutions that meet business needs for the Facebook enterprise and workers. The XR Hub team consults with internal customers to discover internal use-cases and provides XR solution options including virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality, and spatial computing. The team both incorporates existing XR products and develops bespoke solutions.We are hiring an Enterprise AR/VR Solutions Program Manager to provide technical leadership on projects that span from pilot application development and operationalization, to first party product enablement at scale. This role is pivotal to the successful implementation of applications that are solidifying Facebook as a company that utilizes XR technologies to get work done.
Enterprise AR/VR Solutions Program Manager Responsibilities
- Support XR Hub team, including Portfolio Managers and Producers, in the technical assessment of business use cases, challenges and opportunities.
- Qualify and select ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) for XR application development. Support Producers in specifying technical requirements for specific projects, and directing work with the ISVs.
- Oversee technical aspects of application development to ensure quality of product user experience and reliability, and viability of plans for deployment.
- Oversee Technical Operations including QA (Quality Assurance) vendor managed service for pilot applications and first party products aiming for enterprise deployment and technical support for users of internally-provisioned hardware and software.
- Provide technical oversight of Enterprise Integrations within XR Hub, adapting XR applications to be integrated, compliant tools for use within the enterprise.
- Handoff successful pilots to the operationalization team so they can be incorporated into the various development and operations teams within EE and made widely available.
- Lead technical evaluations for the XR Hub, including first and third party hardware and software.
- Maintain currency with XR technology trends to provide overall leadership on tech adoption.
- Partner with internal XR developer groups and technology leaders.
- 10+ years experience deploying software applications into a corporate enterprise, or delivering application deployment as a service to an enterprise.
- 5+ years experience in 3D, Virtual Reality, or Augmented Reality, Web XR design/deployment.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience delivering technical programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Experience designing and implementing systems that provide user experiences (are user-facing).
- Communication and interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Experience with Unity or Unreal engines.
- Experience in Facilities, Learning & Development, or Health & Wellness.
- Experience operationalizing hardware products into an Enterprise.
- Experience with Quest2, and other Virtual Reality headsets.