As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position can be based in Foster City, CA, Arlington, VA or Highlands Ranch, CO.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Are you passionate about payments and cryptocurrency and driven by opportunities to scale new products and businesses? As Director, Visa Crypto Ecosystem Readiness Lead you will be part of the Global Crypto Solutions team responsible for creating and growing new revenue streams for Visa through emerging crypto products, innovative partnerships, and tailored programs.
- Develop and execute card acceptance strategies for Crypto-native clients like Crypto exchanges, wallets, and NFT marketplaces thereby growing domestic and cross-border payment volumes and revenue for Visa
- Work with regional sales teams to expand acceptance of Visa cards by Crypto-native players for easier Fiat to Crypto on-ramps and structure custom pricing deals if needed
- Execute co-marketing programs to grow Visa volumes, especially in cross-border corridors
- Collaborate with Risk, Client Services, and MS&A teams to optimize existing programs and improve auth rates by doing issuer outreach and implementing risk best practices
- Conduct active program performance monitoring and proactively raise critical issues
- Work with rules teams to update Visa Rules as needed
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is fluent in Crypto, is highly analytical, and an excellent problem solver.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
•12+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• High level of proficiency manipulating data from a variety of sources and ability to translate data into valuable insights
• Strategic and analytical thinker, able to move seamlessly from high level concepts to details and solutions with limited guidance
• Superior problem-solving skills to understand business requirements and synthesize and communicate complex information effectively to broad audiences
• Extreme high attention to detail and demonstrated experience executing deliverables on schedule
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of the payment industry and “on-ramp” Crypto payment service providers
• Experience in business operations, consulting, client services, data science, or global business optimization
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong business acumen and ability to zoom out to look at the bigger picture
• Expertise in explaining complex concepts and technologies to a broad audience of external and internal partners
• Advanced communication skills with the ability to influence across all levels of an organization