At Facebook Reality Labs, we're building consumer devices and experiences that make people feel closer. This includes research and development labs as well as product groups for Oculus, Portal, Augmented Reality (AR), and now, the Metaverse.
Facebook Metaverse is a virtual environment where you can be present with people in digital spaces — like the embodied internet that you’re inside of rather than just looking at. The team working on this represents the next step in Facebook’s vision to bring the world together by enabling a true sense of presence across digital spaces. A product marketing leader for this team will help bring to life the Metaverse vision through strategic thinking, diligent execution, product influence, and clear communication skills. You’ll need to demonstrate repeated prior success building something big from zero to one, and doing so in a positive partnership with other product and business leaders.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Marketing Director to lead a team of product marketers working on shaping and bringing to life the Metaverse vision. This leader would be responsible for customer-centric business decision-making across functions, working closely with Product (PM, Engineering, Design) as well as Product Operations (Analytics, Growth, Marketing, Sales, PR, Partnerships, Legal, Privacy, Policy, and Finance).
Director, Product Marketing, Metaverse Responsibilities
- Build, manage and support a team product marketers, including people managers, ensuring alignment between individual’s strengths and business needs
- Partner with product leadership to influence product and business strategy with a view of customer needs and market opportunities
- Lead Go-To-Market PMM & In-Market PMM Business Strategy functions across the full lifecycle of the product
- Model inclusive behaviors and build a diverse organization that values, respects, and taps into different backgrounds and perspectives
- Consistently builds strong internal partnerships, influences, resolves conflict, builds alignment, and works effectively across teams to execute strategy
- Proactively detects the largest problems impacting their team's execution and makes decisions that resolve and manage dependencies
- 5 or more years of experience with new products, new product introduction, innovation, or new product development
- 18 or more years of experience with consumer products
- 18 or more years of experience with product marketing
- 12 or more years of experience with team leadership, people management, cross-functional team leadership, or leadership
- Track record of building partnerships with Product Management and cross-functional teams, and shaping multi-year product roadmaps and go-to-market strategies
- Leadership experience in a global role with global product launches, and knowledge of diverse cultural, social and business landscapes
- Experience owning and overseeing multiple portfolio areas and marketing vision while creating buy-in and enthusiasm from peers, individual contributors, and other leaders
- Experience influencing and leading strategies across multiple lines of business and matrixed teams
- Experience identifying and analyzing complex, long term, critical problems facing the relevant areas of the business and drove solutions for them
- Understands organizational health, can articulate an organizational vision, and can effectively diagnose and make recommendations to solve complex issues that may span multiple teams (including decisions around resource prioritization, top-level goal alignment, and balancing impact with team longevity)
- Experience building a global consumer product from 0 to 1