Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a DeFi Engineer to join our engineering team as we tackle some of the most interesting problems in the crypto space, like how do we securely scale a distributed financial platform that touches millions of people a day.
DeFi development is a unique engineering discipline that combines software and crypto engineering with knowledge of decentralized finance primitives to build applications that enable yield earning strategies such as liquidity provision on AMMs. DeFi engineers develop Blockchain’s internal suite of tooling that interfaces with a variety of smart contracts on multiple blockchains and protocols. We prioritize testing and security while developing on the bleeding edge.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Play a critical role in building novel tooling to interact with web3, involving deploying and interacting with smart contracts, monitoring on-chain data and automating processes with a focus on security and attention to detail.
- Focus heavily on writing tooling in Rust to replace manual, repetitive work in a scalable way.
- Audit smart contracts and identify risk in composable interactions with protocols
- Review and propose strategies
- Work with a high degree of autonomy and shape the future of Blockchain’s involvement in and support of DeFi, Metaverse etc.
- Work in a fast paced, and dynamic environment complementing our existing high calibre team.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A strong desire to learn new technologies
- Experience with systems programming languages such as Rust, Go, C/C++
- Experience working with scripting language
- Backend engineering experience
- Experience with CI and automation pipelines
- Familiarity with asynchronous programming paradigm (async/await)
- RESTful HTTP servers engineering experience
- Experience working with relational and time series databases (Postgres, SQL, InfluxDB)
- Experience with at least one project in Solidity
- Experience working with wallet protocols such as Metamask and WalletConnect
- Experience documenting codebases
- Hands-on experience working with web3 JSON-RPC. Knowledge of web3 library in one of the programming languages: web3.js, web3.j, web3.rs etc is a huge plus
- Comfortable reading and reasoning about large Solidity codebases
- Experience debugging smart contracts and live transactions
- General understanding of Layer 2 scaling
- A desire to learn about existing and emerging DeFi applications
- You are familiar with concepts such as Impermanent Loss, Liquidity Provision, Leverage etc.
- You stay on top of new developments in the space (Twitter, Discord)
- Understanding of DEXs like Uniswap v2, Sushiswap, etc.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Bonuses based on strategy performance
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of London, Miami, Los Angeles. We primarily work remotely with in-person meetups throughout the year.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
- Favorite Crypto Twitter account