WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
We're focused on crafting social experiences at Fortnite scale, working with teams across Epic to build even ambitious and quality platforms and features. The social backend team has been working on unique social experiences, involving multiple platforms, from Fortnite’s PartyHub mobile social overlay to Houseparty’s Group Video Chat and more integrative projects are in the works!
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a solution-oriented engineering manager to mentor and grow a team of highly skilled engineers toward building our scalable social gaming platforms. The team is responsible for inventing, building, iterating and tying up the intricate web of the social backend services that are the cornerstones of our social capabilities leading up to the Metaverse.
In this role, you will
- Assess technical challenges, craft scalable architectures, and run with implementations
- Work with synchronous services and asynchronous services, persistent connection services, and a variety of other systems
- Collaborate with peers and other elements of the organization to deliver highly functioning services and products
- Participate in the leadership forum of the social organization to inform and affect decision making, balancing between business-oriented goals and technical goals
- Run, troubleshoot, and deploy your own services
What we’re looking for
- Leadership experience; strong affinity toward growing engineers – making them collaborate and execute on a shared vision.
- Proficient experience developing production-quality scalable backend systems
- JVM experience (we mainly use Scala)
- Experience managing cloud services at scale (we mainly use AWS)
- Service ownership experience (we use Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Experience with SQL and nonrelational databases (we use Dynamo, Redis, Postgres)
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.