At Top.gg we are here to make the metaverse accessible. Join us to build the #1 platform for communities and creators to be discovered, empower them, and accelerate their growth. We are the largest search and discovery platform for Discord! Hundreds of thousands use our platform to find communities and integrations every day.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectation that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team.
We focus on building the most accessible search and discovery experience for gaming. Top.gg usage generates a lot of data. You will be instrumental in using this data to make discovery as simple and accurate as possible. Together with the team, you will ship product improvements and new features to Top.gg. Your target audience is not only the end-user, your systems will be used in integrations onto the platform by third-party developers through our public API.
You'll be working with a talented remote team of engineers. Your work will be used by millions of people around the world and help create new experiences. You will be helping us scale the platform to 100+ million users by building high-quality features that our community loves.
We're a small engineering team spread across US and EU time zones. As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Improve performance and reliability of search and discovery by implementing personalized search results
- Helping expand search into different areas of the metaverse
- Notification system improvements
- Implementing new services for user registration workflow
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Being able to write well-structured microservices
- Two or more years of C# experience
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and experience working on them in a production environment
- Proficient with PostgreSQL
- Understanding of CI/CD, TDD and version control (git)
- ASP.NET Core
WHEN YOU APPLY, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
As a heads up, our typical process is:
• Phone screening
• Up to four interviews with different team members
• Reference checks
• Offer ?
• Fully remote work environment
• Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
• Home office budget
• Team gatherings once we can travel again
• Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
• Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
• Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
• 401K (US employees only)
• All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!
Top.gg Core Values
Always be on top of your game.
No matter the size of the task, we commit to excellence. We care about the quality of our work, the people with whom we work, and the people who benefit from our work.
Our users come first.
Top.gg succeeds by putting online communities and creators first. We have a deep sense of responsibility towards our users. Each part of the ecosystem matters — we always ask ourselves "Is this good for communities as a whole?" and "Is this good for our top.gg community?". We proactively engage with our community and acknowledge downsides and trade-offs while seeking creative solutions.
Be ahead of the curve.
We push beyond the boundaries to shape the future of online communities together — from everything we build to how we work with one another. We challenge ourselves by taking intelligent risks and bold bets. We innovate by thinking globally one step at a time. We learn as fast as we build and approach challenges with passion and a growth mindset.
Diversity, equity and inclusion matter.
We believe people with a diverse* set of backgrounds, mindsets, and experiences working together create better outcomes. New ideas come from diverse ways of seeing things. We commit to engage in an equitable process to ensure that people with marginalized identities have the opportunity to grow, contribute, and develop — regardless of their identity. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone is valued and welcome.
Innovate as a team.
We believe in honest and constructive communication and treating each other with respect. We openly share ideas and feedback without hesitation. When we disagree with a decision, we respectfully challenge the idea or approach, not the person. We work together to find solutions grounded in empathy.
We focus on impact and deliver results as a team. We favor progress, learning and speed over perfection and have fun together along the way. We celebrate failures and mistakes as learning opportunities.