OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are digital goods endowed with property rights. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. NFTs have brand new properties that go beyond traditional digital items: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a brand new economy from the ground up based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #27 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We're looking for an experienced, detail-oriented software engineer with an enthusiasm for building and scaling feature-rich, well-tested, and polished applications with modern technologies like GraphQL, Elasticsearch, and Postgres. This individual will spearhead core features of the OpenSea marketplace backend.
– Build out well-tested backend systems for serving our core marketplace features.
– Shepherd products from designs and specifications to live deployments.
– Scale OpenSea across multiple blockchains and core protocols.
– Drive and ambition to lead the development of a brand new platform.
– An ability to write high quality, well tested code.
– Potential to grow into a leadership position as the team expands.
– (nice to have) A passion or growing interest in decentralized technologies.
– (nice to have) An understanding of the basic mechanics of blockchain applications and dApps.