Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
Our Engineering team is having blast building the most innovative cryptocurrency platform in the industry and we are looking for a Backend Engineer, NFTs to help us build an industry leading NFT marketplace. NFTs are one of hottest topics in the cryptocurrency industry and this opportunity will afford you the ability to work on the cutting edge with our team of subject matter experts!
- Integrating NFTs (non-fungible tokens) from various blockchains into our platform
- Own, develop and maintain NFT services
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection systems
- Write highly scalable, high volume services
- Create optimized database schemas
- 3+ years of experience as a backend developer
- Experience minting or interacting with non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on blockchains such as Ethereum, Solana, Flow or Tezos
- Familiarity with NFT standards like ERC-721, ERC-1155, or Metaplex is desired
- Strong proficiency with Node.js, Typescript and various frameworks
- Ability to handle the DevOps side of production services using tools like Docker
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience with automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git