Dreamscape is a next-generation location-based VR company backed by some of Hollywood's leading players, including Steven Spielberg, MGM, Fox, Warner Brothers, IMAX, Westfield and AMC. Utilizing our full breadth of creative storytelling, Dreamscape is bringing to life the best of movies, allowing viewers to become active participants like never before. Dreamscape's multi-user immersive platform utilizes a unique body-mapping system developed by Swiss technologists to help people experience an entirely new cinematic world they never dreamed possible.
Dreamscape, is seeking an experienced 3D Artist to join the art team as a freelancer. This role will assist the art department on current projects. Our ideal candidate is creative, self-motivated, has at least 4+ years of experience and has shipped at least one title.
- Own all aspects of the animation pipeline, from block-out to implementation in engine
- Create key-framed animation in Maya or Motionbuilder for integration into the engine
- Create gameplay animation that matches the visual style of the game
- Rig or fix rigs to make them usable and performant for game integration
- Have a creative skillset that can adapt to technical parameters
- Participate in regular animation critiques and give and receive constructive feedback from the rest of the team
- Implement animation assets into the game engine and iterate as appropriate
- Collaborate with other animators and programmers to establish, test and refine the animation
- 4+ years as a 3D Animator
- Expert with character and prop rigging/skinning/setup
- Comfortable at rigging characters, props, and environments
- Worked with runtime animation systems such as layers, blend trees, rigging
- Expert knowledge of Maya or Motionbuilder.
- Strong creative and technical problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with limited direction
- Ability to generate top-notch art and design in a variety of styles and a portfolio of work demonstrating the same
- Shipped multiple AAA products as an Animation Lead
- Experience with JIRA, Perforce and other Project Management Tools
- Experience in a leadership position managing artists.